i-Roast 2 Home Coffee Roaster
Not in stock at this time. The US importer indicates that there will be none of these roasters available until approximately March 2010. A recent shipment was rejected due to quality control issues. We will update this page as more information becomes available.
The latest i-Roast 2 by Hearthware is a profile programmable home coffee roasters. This version, in production for the past two years, added several desirable features to an already well-established and popular product. This unit is the most sophisticated, inexpensive hot air home roaster on the market today.
Roasts and Cools in less than 20 Minutes
- Roasts up to 1 cup (150 grams / 5.3 oz) of beans
- Roasts enough beans to produce up to 24 cups of coffee
- Programmable roast profiles from light to French and anything in between
- Patented temperature control to give you consistent personalized roasting performance
- 2 Preset Automatic Roasting Curves for slower and faster roasts
- Glass Roasting chamber allows clear visibility, during every stage of the roast
- Double Filtration Chaff collection that also disassembles for easy cleaning
- Built in 4 minute cooling cycle
i-Roast 2 Improvements
- Built-in 10 memory function. This is perhaps the most important advancement. You now have the ability to save, recall or delete up to 10 roast profiles.
- 2 additional roast stages (now 5 in total) instead of 3 in the previous model. However, indicator bars still show three. Maximum roast time is still 15 minutes.
|The chaff collector shown inside the chaff collector base. The lid for this section is not in place in this photo to show the location of the chaff collector. |
- The chaff collector screen fits snugly onto the protrusion groove inside the chaff collector base, so more chaff is collected including fine chaff.
- The fit of the chaff collector lid to the chaff collector base is much tighter.
- In the uppermost section, the fitting of the chaff collector base fits more snugly onto the roasting pot and a locking mechanism was devised to promote a tighter seal.
|The smoke vent attachment is shown above. If you wish, you can attach a dryer hose to the top section so roasting smoke can be redirected. Not required during roasting. |
| || |
Shot from above, looking down. The thermoreflector connection to the roasting pot is strengthened.
How does the i-Roast2 work?
A directed stream of hot air moves upward through the beans, both roasting and mixing the beans to provide an even roast.
The airstream then carries the chaff away from the roasted bean and moves it into the collector surrounding the top neck of the roasting pot, safely away from the roasted beans.
The final minutes of the roasting cycle are a special cool down mode (roasting requires temperatures in the neighborhood of 450 degrees), which cools the beans and the roaster to a comfortable temperature.
Ability to program up to 10 roast profiles, allowing home roasters to fully develop each coffee's distinct flavor and aroma. The most sophisticated home roaster on the market.
|Sometimes it is difficult to control the roast as changes can happen rapidly, particularly at high roasting temperatures. |
|Substantial heat and cooling power. ||Roasts can produce smoke in the home. To diminish the amount of smoke the roaster comes with an attachment allowing you to vent using dryer hose. You must supply the hose and a place to vent. |
|Ability to roast darker without scorching or tipping due to programming ability and powerful cooling fan. Well suited to all roast levels. Pay attention. || |
One year manufacturer's warranty. Please let us know if you would like to see a copy of the warranty and guidelines. Please note, the manufacturer places a sticker on each unit that states "Warning. Do not roast more than 7 times a week! This unit is designed for home use only. Do not exceed more than 2 batches at a time. You must allow 30 minutes shut off time before starting the second roast. Commercial use will void warranty".
We use our personal i-Roasts often and the units stand up well to wear, however, the manufacturers warning above should be noted and observed in order to not void the warranty.