Thumbnail Filmstrip of Chemex Square Folded Filters FS-100 Images
These Chemex filters are folded squares that are compatible with any size Chemex coffee brewer (except CM-1 pint size model). They can be used with most conical coffee makers of any brand. These are whitened with oxygen rather than bleach. These filters are substantial, heavier than standard paper filters, in part because more paper is used. Chemex also makes folded circular filters but they have been unavailable during the Covid period and that will likely continue for the foreseeable future. The square and circles are functionally the same. The points of the squares protrude a bit from the top of the brewer, making it easier to remove the filter.
Filters out fine sediment and oils so the final brew is clear and flavorful. The Chemex brewing system has been around since 1941.
- Cone-shape ensures uniform extraction for pure coffee flavor
- Thicker (20-30% more than the competition) specialty fiber filter design keep bitter elements, oils, and grounds in their place (and out of your cup)
- Prefolded for convenience
- Will fit most other cone-shaped filter coffeemakers
- Removes impurities, acidity, unhealthy and bitter elements from the coffee. In your brewed cup you will find only the caffeine and desirable aromatic oils of the coffee beans
- Oxygen cleansing is a bleach-free process, ensuring no chemical residue or taste is imparted to the filter
- Works well with all types of roasts- even tea! Allowing you to make the perfect and most pure cup, every time
- CHEMEX® filter paper is manufactured in the USA and uses only USA materials. Responsibly harvested and conforming to SFI, FSC, and PEFC sustainable programs
- Compostable and biodegradable
- Easy clean-up. No trays, no baskets, just simply remove the filter and discard
- Fits all CHEMEX® Coffeemakers except CM-1, CM-1C, CM-1GH, CM-FNX