Ethiopia Yrgacheffe Awoli Salatu
Arrived end March 2022 in Grainpro, first new crop Ethiopia Yirgacheffe of the season.
This new crop coffee comes from Salatu Washing Station in Yirgacheffe and is exported by Daye Bensa Coffee, one of the top coffee exporters in Ethiopia. Daye Bensa Coffee, although located in Sidama region, is able to fund farmers and washing stations in the Yirgacheffe region. The coffees, like this one, are grown and milled in Yirgacheffe, and then sent to Daye Bensa in Sidama to be approved for export.
Daye Bensa is no stranger to quality coffee and this lot is no exception: in 2020, they won 7th place in the COE with their Assefa Dukamo Natural, grown on their farm, Gatta. And in 2021, they received 8th place in the COE, with one of their Washed Hamasho lots.
Hand sorting is the final step before the coffee is bagged for export.
- Country: Ethiopia
- Region: SNNP ( Southern Nation Nationalities and Peoples)
- Kebele: Idido
- Washing Station Owner: Awoli Musa Salatu
- Exporter: Daye Bensa
- Elevation: 2000 to 2200 meters
- Varietals: Ethiopian Heirloom
- Milling Process: Fully Washed
- Drying Process: Raised beds
- Drying Time: 15 to 20 days
- Harvest Months: October - December